Ely Business Travel (EBT) part of Spot Everything Ltd insists on putting its Partners and Customers at the top of its agenda. This customer service policy sets out what this commitment means in practice. What our customers can expect from us and what we expect of our Partners and Customers.
Our customer service policy makes clear the company’s commitment to providing excellent services that offer value for money. Key to achieving that vision is a good relationship with our customers.
This policy and the standards within it apply to EBT and all partners offering services on behalf of EBT.
1. Why have a policy?
Customers that utilise the EBT service have an expectation of the services we provide. It is important that customers know what to expect from us in terms of service so they measure whether we are successful or not. As a provider of transport services, we utilise a number of travel partners and employ staff where necessary. It is important that all of our partners and staff understand and deliver the same high-quality service irrespective of the geographical area that they operate within.
2. Our Customer Charter
EBT wishes to be an organisation that puts the needs of the customer first. Our staff are committed to providing a responsive, caring and professional service.
We promise to:
- Act in a professional manner and be polite at all times
- Deal with customer enquiries promptly or explain the reason for any delay
- Listen to our customers and ask for their views
- Keep our promises
- Be open and honest and explain our decisions
- Apologise when we make a mistake and put things right
- Accept our customers’ right to complain and guarantee a full investigation and a considered response
- Treat our customers and their data with respect
We would like our customers to:
- Give us the information we need to help them
- Treat all our employees and partners appropriately and with respect
- Help us to improve by giving us their views and suggestions
- If we don’t do as we say in this charter, please tell us.
3. Our customer standards
We aim to:
- Answer the phone within three rings
- Confirm any online requests immediately
- Return customer calls within one working day if they have left us a message
- Acknowledge emails sent to email@example.com within 48 hours and respond fully within 3 working days
- Reply to letters within 3 working days of receiving them
- If a customer query cannot be resolved within 5 working days we will contact the customer to explain why and give estimated timescales
- Respond to complaints within 5 working days
- To attempt to resolve customer queries at the first point of contact. If we cannot do so we will provide our customers with a full explanation of our next steps or the details of who can help, together with timescales
- Communicate in plain language
- Respect your privacy
- Have well-trained and confident staff that have the skills and knowledge to do the job
What we ask of our customers:
- Treat all of our staff and partners with courtesy and respect, avoiding unacceptable behaviour
- Give us the information and documentation we need to help them
- Help us by telling us when we do not meet their expectations, giving their views and suggestions
4. How will we monitor this policy?
- Make it easy for customers to make a complaint, comment or suggestion
- Monitor complaints to ensure we learn from our mistakes
- Monitor our performance against these standards and policy
- Train and support our staff in providing better customer service
- Use customer surveys to regularly gather customer feedback